Gooseberry powder and its medicinal properties
There are several diseases that take a heavy toll on the health of an individual. At the same time, there are certain wholesome foods that can help prevent many of such diseases, thereby keeping you in good health. With quite a lot of nutrients and other components that enhance the health, gooseberry is very much beneficial to overall health, and especially to the health of the skin and the hair. Though it is bitter in taste, gooseberry is a store of nutrients and can essentially keep you healthy.
Gooseberries can be consumed in many ways. It can be eaten raw or can be made into juice. It could be boiled in water, and the consumption of this water can be beneficial for health. Gooseberry preserved in salty water, gooseberry preserved in honey and gooseberry pickles are all health enhancing methods of consuming gooseberry. Gooseberry powder is also an effective solution to many diseases. Drying gooseberries in sunlight, powdering it and then consuming it with water or honey have quite a lot of medicinal properties. Below are some properties of Gooseberry powder.
- Gooseberry powder is a high source of vitamin C which subsequently enhances the immunity power, along with strengthening the blood vessels.
- The content of chromium insulin in gooseberry powder controls the glucose content in the blood and thus helps in regulating diabetes.
- Gooseberry powder is beneficial in the effective treatment of acidity and ulcers in the stomach. It is also effective in dealing with hyper acidity.
- Consumption of gooseberry powder can help in preventing the accumulation of cholesterol in the arteries and therefore it enhances the cardiac health by controlling cholesterol.
- With a large content of anti-oxidants, gooseberry powder is effective in removing the toxins from the body. This can also be done by consuming gooseberry juice with turmeric powder every day. Subsequently, it can prevent diseases like cancer which are caused by the accumulation of toxins in the body.
- Being a heavy source of fibers, gooseberries consumed with lukewarm water early in the morning can prevent conditions like constipation.
- Gooseberry powder is an enhancer of slow-aging process of the skin and subsequently, it helps in removing the toxins in the skin and also in improving the glow of the skin. It reduces the loosening of the skin and maintains the youthfulness and softness of the skin.
- Gooseberry powder is also effective in maintaining healthy hair, reducing grey hair and hair fall, and improving the glow of the hair. Coconut oil boiled with gooseberry powder is also effective in treating dandruff along with being a complete enhancer of healthy hair.
- Being capable of increasing the hemoglobin in the blood and thereby reducing the risk of diseases like anemia, gooseberry powder is also capable of removing the toxins from the blood and hence can be called an effective blood purifier.