Health Benefits of Neem
Neem has been an essential element in the medical lexicon of the Indian households from the olden times and even now most of the people widely use it for the ailments like digestive problems, skin problems, cholesterol balance, rheumatism, obese, mucus and fever. Being rich in Vitamin A, it effectively reduces low density cholesterol in the blood. Apart from being an effective home remedy and an inevitable element in Ayurveda, it is used in cancer therapies too.
As per to the experiments conducted at the Viswabharathi University and the George Town University, it was found that Neem leaves are rich sources of anti-cancerous alkaloids.
Ayurveda scriptures have elaborate records of the health benefits Neem leaves. Some of them are as follows
- A mix of Neem Leaves and Turmeric is one of the finest solutions for Skin diseases. Taking bath in water boiled with Neem leaves and turmeric would annihilate Skin diseases.
- A paste made out of Neem leaves and pepper is a quick cure for mouth ulcers.
- Rubbing the affected area with Neem leaves would relieve itching due to allergic reactions.
- Neem leaf extract and honey mixed together can relieve children from helminthiasis when used thrice a day.
- A blend of Neem extract will help to heal the wounds and drinking the same mixed with water will catalyze the healing.
- Neem leaf blend thrice a day is a reliable solution for rheumatoid arthritis.
- Along with these numerous medicinal values, Neem leaves also have the quality of pesticide. Spraying a smooth blend of Neem leaves on the nuts will help them being preserved for long. According to the ancient scriptures on Ayurveda, even the breeze which fondles the Neem tree has some medicinal values.