Prince Charles tests positive for COVID-19
He is self-isolating at home with ‘mild symptoms’. Prince Charlse, 71, The Prince of Wales, who was tested positive for the coronavirus was learnt to have a lot of engagements in the past few weeks and so it is not possible to track from where or whom he had caught the virus. Even though his symptoms are mild, he falls within one of the highest risk categories given his age. After he was diagnosed with the virus, he spoke to his mum the Queen and sons William and Harry. Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall, was tested negative for coronavirus and is self-isolating with her husband at Birkhall in Scotland. The two are apart from each other at the residence. The Prince, who is otherwise in good health, has been working from home for the past few days.
The earliest date that doctors think Charles was contagious is March 13, a day after he stopped doing engagements as the crisis worsened. Charles was tested positive on Monday by the NHS in Abdereenshire, Scotland, where he had been at Highgrove before going to Birkhall on Sunday. Since then, six staff members too have been isolating themselves. In accordance with the Government and medical advice, the Prince and the Duchess are now self-isolating at home in Scotland.
Charles and Camilla are self-isolating individually at Birkhall. The prince traveled to Birkhall on Sunday and he was tested on Monday. The couple remained in good spirits and the Prince was actively doing his duties and was not bedridden. Health authorities doubt if it will escalate to serious problems. All were afraid of the health of the Queen when Clarence House announced that Charles had tested positive. However, as per reports from the Buckingham Palace, the Queen remains in good health.
“The Queen last saw The Prince of Wales briefly after the investiture on the morning of 12th March and is following all the appropriate advice with regard to her welfare.” At this ceremony at Buckingham Palace, Charles, offered a namaste gesture instead of a handshake. Even at the Prince’s Trust Awards in London on March 11, the Prince offered a Namaste gesture for greeting actors Michael Ward and Ashley Walters. It was known that Prince Albert of Monaco also tested positive for the coronavirus nine days after attending the same event as Charles. The pair were in the same room for a
A Water Aid event at Kings Place in London on March 10, when Charles addressed the audience. Prince Albert was the first head of state and reigning monarch to reveal that he had been diagnosed with Covid-19. Monaco said he was doing fine despite the diagnosis. Earlier this week, it emerged that a worker at Buckingham Palace had tested positive for coronavirus while the Queen was still in residence. The aide reportedly fell ill and tested positive last week, and Royal Household staff that had contact with the person have been ordered to self-isolate. It was not known if the Queen had any contact with the employee, who was said to be recovering.