Are you preparing for your first yoga class? Here are some facts that you should keep in mind:
Yoga is not just a physical exercise. Rather it is an exercise for the mind too. Subsequently, mental as well as physical disposition is imperative for practicing yoga. A person can practice yoga only if he is completely aware of his or her own physical as well as mental conditions. The person should also harmonize the external circumstances in his or her favor so that yoga yields its full result without any hindrances. To experience yoga in its fullest, a positive attitude and real interest towards this practice are indispensable.
- Before practicing yoga, always remember to leave a gap of three or more hours after the intake of food
- Always use a mat or a sheet while doing yoga. Do not practice yoga on the bare floor.
- Breathing should be done as instructed and deviating from it could lead to adverse affects.
- Morning is the best time to practice yoga
- Always make sure that you have a proper instructor for yoga, especially if you are suffering from any ailments.
- Do not constrain. Rather, be relaxed and do it freely so that the body gets loosened up and you feel more flexible.
- Yoga should not be practiced in closed champers; rather an open space is desirable. At the same time, a strong breeze at this place may not be advantageous
- It is desirable that you do not wear tight fitting clothes while you practice yoga.
- During the menstrual periods, women should be careful that they do not do heavy Asana, but the most simple and comfortable ones.
- Avoid junk foods and if possible, go for a light vegetarian diet while you practice yoga
- Control the intake of tea, coffee, red meat etc. and completely abstain from smoking and liquor.
- Consumption of refined sugar, salt etc is to be decreased and preparing foods using aluminum utensils shall be avoided.